Friday, September 24, 2010

Snickerdoodles

One of the kids' favorite non-chocolate cookies is the snickerdoodle.  It's one of my favorites, too.  I've used several recipes, as long as it's made with butter.  Today I enlisted the help of three kindergarteners.  I mixed up the dough while they were at school, which gave it enough time to chill.  (The chilling time is especially important when hot little hands are going to roll the dough, otherwise it's too sticky to work with.  But if you're in a hurry and don't have "help," you can skip it.)   I scooped the cookies with my mini ice cream scoop (the best tool ever for making cookies-it goes faster and your cookies are beautifully uniform) and the girls rolled them in cinnamon sugar.  They ran off to play while I baked the cookies, and then, of course, it was time for a tea party.  :)



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment