Friday, October 1, 2010

Coconut lime banana bread, oh my

This banana bread recipe is so good, I haven't made any other kind since I first tried it.  It's so good, my mother-in-law asked me for the recipe.  I've been meaning to try it without the coconut and lime glaze, too, but we like this combination so much I haven't gotten around to it yet.  I'm pretty sure you could substitute pecans or walnuts (or yes, chocolate chips), and just use a plain glaze (milk and powdered sugar)--or no glaze at all.  I think this recipe has 1/4 of the butter that my old recipe has, and half the sugar.  Healthier, but incredibly moist and tender.  I guess the secret is the yogurt and more bananas.  Make sure they're really ripe and mushy--I like to keep dying bananas in the freezer, skin and all.  Just thaw them on the counter for a short time, cut off the ends, and squeeze the bananas right into your measuring cup.  You hardly need to mash them.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment